A Few Requests

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boingo the Clown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: A Few Requests Reply with quote

I do not know if Bricks 'n' tiles is still being developed, since there hasn't been any activity here in a while.

Here are a few features I would love to see.

45 degree textures: I just spent an entire day making a 45 degree texture seamless, which was a gigantic pain in the neck. (The texture was made from a photo, not B&T.) If B&T was able to generate textures at 45 degrees, it would make things much easier.

Different Patterns. Paving stones and brick walls often have patterns other than the usual offset rows. Here is a picture illustrating some different patterns used for paving stones.
http://www.rubios-mc.com/0_0_0_0_485_642_csupload_49508234.jpg?u=383637698
It would be noce if some of these pattern could be implemented somehow.

Arches: A pain in the fleshy glutes to make from scratch, arches would be a great thing to have made automatically. Rounded, pointed, with or without keystones.

Shadows and highlights: could be useful.
MrSparkle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Boingo,

thanks for your ideas. Different patterns will definitely part of the new version. But I'm not sure about the arches. Btw. there's already a feature to create arch and corner textures but there's no feedback about this feature at all. So, I guess, nobody ever uses it :)

Also, the image you need to texture an arched window or door highly depends on the way you map your texture coordinates on your 3d model.

The same applies to the rotated textures. Having this additional features in Bricks'n'Tiles would not be a difficult task. But it would still be easier to apply those kind of texture transformation to the texture mapping in your 3d application. Doing it this way, you also can use a single (unrotated) texture for multiple degrees of rotation or scaling factors.

Christian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bricks'n'Tiles Forum Index -> Wishlist All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: